The ICMAB research institute offers two Doctoral Fellowships to carry out research in “Hybrid and Organic Thermoelectric Systems” within the HORATES Innovative Training Network (MSCA-ITN). One of the fellowship wil explore experimental tools to characterize thermoelectric properties of organic systems, and the other will explore theoretical tools to determine the thermal conductivity of doped polymer films.
Deadline for application is 4 January 2021
- 1 Fellowship on “Advanced characterization of the thermoelectric properties of organic systems”. The enrolled ESR will investigate experimentally the complex structural, electronic and thermal properties of organic and hybrid TE materials, with an emphasis on the role of interphases, anisotropy and nanostructuration. The ESR will be working at the Nanostructured Materials for Optoelectronics and Energy Harvesting group, under the supervision of Dr. Sebastian Reparaz and Dr. Mariano Campoy-Quiles, and will strongly collaborate with other partners, including planed secondment at the University of Heidelberg and one spin-off in the thermoelectric field. Information about the NANOPTO group can be found here.
- 1 Fellowship on “Theoretical studies of the thermal conductivity of doped polymeric films”. The enrolled ESR will use state-of-the-art theoretical tools to study the thermal conductivity of polymeric films of different morphologies and microstructures and the impact of doping. The ESR will be working at the Theory and Simulation of Materials group, under the supervision of Dr. Riccardo Rurali. Planned secondments include research stages at Linköping University and one industrial partner.
Start date: between 1 March and 1 September 2021
Duration of contract: 36 months
Salary: The Marie Skłodowska-Curie programme offers highly competitive and attractive salaries. Gross and net amounts are subject to country-specific deductions as well as individual factors such as family allowance.
Requirements and Eligibility
- The applicant must hold a University degree in Physics, Chemistry or Material Science or related Engineering disciplines;
- The applicant cannot hold a PhD degree obtained before the enrolling in the HORATES programme;
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required.
For further information, please check this news at the ICMAB webpage